50% of people say that a smile is the first feature they notice
Whitening your teeth can make you feel more confident, with a beautiful new smile that brightens up your face!
At Edge Dental Care, we offer professional teeth whitening performed by Dr Lassemillante as an in-clinic whitening treatment, as well as take-home kits to whiten and maintain your smile at home.
Teeth whitening is a simple, safe and affordable way to look and feel your best.
Your Eastern Suburbs teeth whitening experts at Edge Dental Care offer both in-chair and at-home options.
It’s a simple but high impact way to enhance your overall look – there’s no denying the value of a great smile. A brighter smile radiates natural health and vitality and brings with it social and professional advantages.
Enamel is porous, which means staining agents can work their way down into the tooth, where you can’t simply scour them away.
Some typical foods that stain your teeth over time are:
- Red wine
- Tea and coffee
- Sodas & sports drinks
- Berries, pomegranates, grapes
- Tomato Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Dark Balsamic Vinegars
A teeth whitening gel is applied to the teeth. The active ingredients penetrate the tooth enamel and start an oxidation reaction that breaks apart the staining compounds. As a result, you are left with a brighter, whiter smile.
Zoom Tooth Whitening is the most popular and clinical proven method of whitening
It produces rapid results – with instant results the minute you leave the chair, you’ll feel more youthful and confident straight away.
Our take-home whitening kits are convenient, easy to use and cheaper than our in-chair whitening service. They give you the flexibility to tailor your treatment to your specific needs and are a good option if you suffer from sensitivity*.
It normally takes around 1-2 weeks of regular use to achieve results but if you have the time and want to save some money then this is the option for you!
Check out what Kiara had to say about her own experience with our take-home whitening kit here.
*We recommend that you always use a sensitive toothpaste, such as Sensodyne, to prevent any issues regarding sensitivity.
Though costs of teeth whitening products can vary, cheap methods are not the most effective. Furthermore, unsupervised use of tooth bleaching systems can be lead to problems including sensitivity.
Our chair-side ZOOM teeth whitening is a competitively priced at $750, which includes a pre-whitening assessment, scale and polish, and at-home.
If you just want the take-home kit (no chair-side treatment), this costs $400.
Yes, with professional supervision, tooth whitening is a safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your teeth.
Professional teeth whitening can last up to 3 years for those who take care of their teeth. We recommend you brighten up your smile periodically using the at-home kit.
· Not recommended for children under 16
· Not recommended for pregnant or lactating women
· Allergy to peroxide (very rare)
· Not recommended for those with gum disease, worn enamel, cavities, gum recession or exposed roots
· Bleaching will not affect white fillings or resin composite materials (crowns, bondings, veneers).
· Very dark stained teeth – Not recommended
· Yellowish teeth – Responds very well
· Brownish teeth – Responds not as well
· Grayish hue – May not respond to bleaching at all
Over-the-counter teeth whitening systems are cheaper because the bleaching agent is a lower strength. Ill fitting bleaching trays can allow the bleach to leach onto the gums, which cab lead to irritation, sensitivity and possible damage to the soft tissues.
In contrast, with professional teeth whitening the trays and custom-made to ensure a close fit, keep the whitening gel in direct contact with your teeth and protecting your gums.
(Note: If you have experienced complications from over-the-counter options, please see your dentist immediately.)
The Zoom whitening involves:
- A check and clean of teeth to ensure you are a suitable candidate and that there are no issues that would prevent you from achieving your desired results
- Photos to show your before and after results
- 4 x 15min sessions where gel is applied to the teeth and the blue light is placed over teeth
- Take-home kit for follow up treatment which includes your own custom bleaching trays and the whitening gel
If you suffer from sensitivity, Dr Sara can tailor the treatment to your needs by decreasing the duration or intensity of the light treatment.
This treatment can take up to two hours so you are more than welcome to sit back and relax, listen to some music, catch up on the latest episodes of your favourite tv series or simply just use the time to have a quick nap.
Just let us know how we can make your experience more comfortable!
At Edge Dental Care, the in-chair teeth whitening procedure is carried out by our dentist, Dr Sara Lassemillante
1. An assessment is performed to check suitability for teeth whitening.
2. A mould of your teeth created and ‘before’ photographs taken.
3. The gums are carefully covered over to prevent the whitening gel coming into contact with them.
4. The ZOOM whitening gel is applied to your teeth and activated by the ZOOM light that helps to accelerate the teeth whitening process.
5. The 15 minute process cycle is repeated 3-4 times to maximise results.
6. A take-home custom-made tray and gel will be provided for you to maintain your new white smile.